We provide shipping worldwide. If you want to place an order and don't see your location listed, just get in touch to request a quote.
Within the UK and Europe. We use two different shipping providers depending on shipping destination and weight of the purchased order:
- For the UK we use DPD for parcels up to approx. 45kg and Pallet Network for all espresso machines, grinders above £750 and cup orders of 60+ units.
- For international orders, we use DPD International and Dachser depending on your location and the type of purchase.
All products are shipped with insurance as standard. For small purchases, there is a basic level of £12 per k/g, covered for up to £1000 per shipment. For larger purchases, there is up to £5000 cover, at an additional cost of £7 per shipment.
Our shipping carriers cover most locations: however, if you live in a remote or offshore location and don't see it listed, please contact us directly and we will provide you with a custom quote for shipping.
Our warehouse ships items four (4) days per week on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Thursdays.
This excludes weekends and all bank and festive holidays, so please consider this when placing any orders. If weekend delivery is essential for you, you must call us and request this, as we currently do not offer this service via the website.
Orders usually take between 1-2 days within the UK. However, depending on the current number of unfulfilled orders, orders may take up to 3 days to get to you.
If you are buying a domestic espresso machine and/or grinder, shipping can take up to four (4) days, as we require an extra day to bench test your equipment to ensure it is functioning 100% correctly.
If you are purchasing Inker porcelain (cups and saucers), times can vary for dispatch and delivery length. This is due to the number of orders to be packaged and dispatched, plus the number of items you are purchasing. We re-package all our porcelain to make it as secure as possible before being dispatched. This takes us longer to get your order ready - but it's worth the wait, as this significantly reduces the chance of damage during delivery.
Please be aware that all delivery services are provided by third parties and may take longer than advertised. If you are unsure about expected shipping times, please contact us to check before placing an order.
2017 holidays / non-shipping days
|1 Jan||Sun||New years day||National|
|2 Jan||Mon||Day after new years day||Scotland|
|3 Jan||Tue||New years day (in lieu)||Scotland|
|28 Feb||Tue||Shrove Tuesday||National|
|14 April||Fri||Good Friday||National|
|1 May||Mon||May bank holiday||National|
|29 May||Mon||Spring bank holiday||National|
|7 Aug||Mon||August bank holiday||Scotland|
|12 Nov||Sun||Remembrance Sunday||National|
|30 Nov||Thurs||St Andrews Day||Scotland|
|25 Dec||Mon||Christmas Day||National|
|26 Dec||Tue||Boxing Day||National|
If you are unsure about anything, please contact us to check before placing an order - we will be happy to discuss any queries and provide you with the best quote we can offer. If you require faster shipping, we can provide alternative services, but can only do so over the phone or via email, not on the website.
Further details of our shipping services are detailed below.
We use DPD to ship parcels to UK addresses. We offer a 2-3 day delivery service to most UK mainland destinations, but there are some exceptions.
Scottish Highlands and Islands
We ship to the Scottish Highlands and Islands using DPD. Our rates for these locations are as follows:
We expect 2-3 working day for delivery to the Scottish Highlands and 2-5 working days for delivery to offshore Scottish locations.
If you are based in one of these locations, please call us in advance to arrange shipping before completing your purchase. Once agreed, we will add this cost to your invoice and take payment over the phone.
For clarity, Scottish Highlands and Islands are covered by the following postcodes:
Scottish Highlands - AB36-38, AB55-56, FK17-21, IV1-39, IV52-54, IV63, KW1-14, PA21-40, PH19-26, PH30-41, PH49-50
Scottish Islands - HS1-9, IV40-51, IV55-56, KA27-28, KW15-17, PA20, PA41-49, PA60-78, PH42-44, ZE1-3
If you require a service not offered on our website, call us to get a quote and arrange shipping before completing your purchase. Once agreed we will add this cost to your invoice total and take payment over the phone.
DPD UK shipping Notes:
- If you are located in Herm, Alderney or Sark, you will need to enter Guernsey as your country location. You will then be allocated the Guernsey shipping option under the GY postcode.
- If you are located in the Isle of Wight or the Scilly Isles, please choose Isle of Man from the shipping options and enter your postcode into the location finder.
- The order cut off time is 2pm. If you place your order after this point it will be classed as an order in the following day.
- If you use DPD as your shipping option you will have the added advantage of receiving an email and / or text message informing you of the hour delivery window your parcel will arrive. This is dependant on what information you supply us within your contact details.
- If your order cannot be shipped in one box due to carrier dimension constraints, we will contact you to let you know prior to shipping. In this scenario you will be required to ship two individual boxes, but we will do our best to keep the costs as low as possible for you.
UK mainland shipping - additional information
All our products are shipped with insurance. For small purchases, there is a basic level of £12 per k/g, with larger purchases covered for up to £1000 per item. If you are buying items weighing more than 20kg, we automatically place higher insurance against your shipment.
1. All trade Inker orders placed either via the website or over the phone / email will be shipped within 3 days. This is due to the fact we repack all our cups securely which takes time to complete. On occasion we receive large numbers of orders, which can delay shipments. In this scenario, we will contact you to let you know of any delays in advance. Orders less than 60 units are shipped by box, with 60+ by pallet.
2. We classify an Inker trade order as 12 units of cups or more. If you are buying less, it will be classed as a domestic purchase and shipped within 1-2 days.
3. All commercial espresso machine orders are to be made over the phone or in person - not via the website. They are shown for display purposes only, not for web based sale.
4. Commercial La Marzocco machines are held in their UK warehouse, with the most common machines in stock and shipped within 2-4 working days. If you are ordering a machine that is not in stock, the lead times are around 6-8 weeks depending on their schedule.
5. Commercial Rocket machines are all built to order, and hold a lead time of around 4-6 weeks. We do hold stock of Boxer 1 & 2 group machines in Edinburgh, but the levels are limited.
6. Commercial Conti machines are held in their UK warehouse, with most machines (excluding custom builds) in stock and shipped within 2-4 working days. If you are ordering a machine that is not in stock, the lead times are around 6-8 weeks depending on their schedule.
7. Commercial grinders shown in stock on our website are held in our warehouse. Any items not held in stock by us or special orders have a lead time of approximately 4-5 days.
In store collection
If you are based in central Scotland you are welcome to come in and collect your goods from our warehouse in central Edinburgh. We are open from 9.30am-5.30pm Monday to Friday. Please call us in advance before coming to collect your goods.
Third party services
We use third parties for shipping, so delivery times are estimates and can sometimes take longer. We cannot contractually commit to any secure delivery times, as delays occur out with our control. If your parcel is not with you within 4 days (UK mainland) or 6 days (Highlands or offshore), then please get in touch and we will look into it for you.
DPD Europe & Dachser
We use DPD International Classic (by road) and Dachser Logistics to ship packages to most European locations. We typically use DPD for shipments going in boxes, and Dachser for pallets - but there are exceptions. There are five European shipping zones available to select on our website:
|EU Zone 1||Belgium, France, Germany, Republic of Ireland, Luxembourg, Netherlands||2-3 working days|
|EU Zone 2||Austria, Denmark, Switzerland, Lichtenstein||3 working days|
|EU Zone 3||Czech Republic, Italy, Slovakia, Spain||4 working days|
|EU Zone 4||Estonia, Finland, Hungary, Poland, Portugal, Sweden, Slovenia||5 working days|
|EU Zone 5||Bulgaria, Croatia, Greece, Latvia, Lithuania, Romania||8 working days|
Each zone has four different rates depending on the weight of your order: 0-25kg, 25.1-50kg, 50.1-125kg and 125.1-250kg.
If you require shipping to any European location out with the above, please contact us by email prior to purchasing.
International shipping - additional information
Standard Liability - paid at 8.33 x SDR Extended Liability - charged at 1% of the value of goods. Minimum charge £7.00. Maximum cover of £5,000 per consignment.
Customs and charges
If you are buying goods from outside the UK borders you are solely responsible for any import or customs charges associated with the items you have purchased. Machina Espresso LTD is not liable for any such costs.
For reference: When shipping with DPD International there are certain European counties that charge a customs clearance fee of £25 per consignment. These countries are: Switzerland and Lichtenstein. This fee is included in our charges.