Rocket: R60V - Dual Boiler (Pressure Profiling) v2
Available to pre-order - Feb 2016
The Rocket R60V (Dual Boiler) is Rocket's latest release, and first ever dual boiler pressure profiling machine. It offers all the same great features as the R58 model, but adds some significant and advanced features for those looking to go that stage further with coffee exploration.
Traditionally 9 bar of pump pressure extracts the flavours and oils from the coffee to produce espresso. The R 60V with a unique pressure profile system allows further enhancement in the cup with the ability to fine tune pump pressure over the course of the extraction.
The pressure profiling system uses a five step approach to allow the extraction to be split into five different time intervals, each allowing for a different pressure to be programmed, making it possible to both ramp up or ramp down pump pressure depending on the coffee type and flavours being chased.
The communication POD replaces the R58's external PID controller, which allows adjustments to be made through a remote controller or through the machine wifi system. This includes real time temperatures, pressures and extraction times.
As per the R58 model, the R60V offers dual boiler, PID control, rotary pump with water reservoir or direct water connection as standard.
You have the option of two body finishes; either with soft touch black side panels and stainless steel or stainless throughout.
The Rocket R60V comes with a standard 1 year back to base warranty with Machina. See our terms and conditions for further information
For more information on specification and features, please contact us
- Brew Group: Commercial 58mm bronze E61 brew group (weighing 4.05kg).
- Portafilter: Industry standard, commercial grade 58mm portafilter.
- Pre-Infusion: Dual pre-infusion delivered via the thermo siphon E61 group.
- Steam Wand: Cool to touch (anti-burn) stainless steel wand.
- Hot Water Tap: Separate hot water tap.
- Gauges: Pump and boiler pressure gauges.
- Boilers: Separate 0.58l brew and 1.7l service insulated boilers made of pure copper (with lead free brass end plates).
- Pump: Commercial grade rotary pump.
- Communication POD: Externally attached communication POD providing PID and pressure control (runs from Android & iPhone apps)
- Water connections: 2.5l removable internal water reservoir or alternatively direct water connection (plumbed) with full drip tray drainage system.
- Construction: Heavy gauge mirror stainless steel.
- Cup tray: Large cup tray with stainless surround.
- Drip Tray: Stainless steel drip tray.
- Power: Standard UK 13amp plug (1200w / 220v).
- Weight: 31kg.
- Dimensions: 390mm Width x 310mm Depth x 440mm Height.
- Included: Single & dual portafilters, single, double & blank baskets, high quality Rocket metal tamper, microfiber cloth, group cleaning brush and training / manual CD.
Further features which make this machine ideal for home use, include:
- Dual pre-infusion (pre-wetting of the ‘puck’ at a lower pressure to allow to grinds to expand – enabling a more evenly pulled shot of espresso)
- Runs from an internal reservoir by default, but comes with a full connection kit to connect to main water supply if preferred
- Microprocessor controlled auto cut off function, protects the boiler from burn out if the supply of water runs out
- Auto boiler refill function, drawing water from either the mains or reservoir when required
- Internal reservoir is easily accessed for refilling, just under the removable cup tray
- Commercial grade rotary pump
- Separate pump and boiler pressure gauges
- Cool touch technology (anti-burn) stainless steel steam wand
- Separate hot water tap
- Large cup tray / warmer
- Reviews content in here