Rocket: R58 - Dual Boiler
The Rocket R58 DB (Dual Boiler) 2017 version is Rocket's premium E61 manual lever machine. Beautifully designed, it provides fantastic temperature stability through its commercial grade components. Handmade in Milan, these traditional machines are among the very best in world.
What sets the R58 apart from the rest of the Rocket range is its separate insulated brass boilers for both brewing and steam. These enable simultaneous brewing of espresso and steaming of milk with ultimate temperature control and stability. The fully programmable PID (electronic temperature control), uses sensors inside the boilers to deliver precise temperatures, ensuring stability to within 1°C. This feature allows for precise adjustments to suit specific types of coffee.
It offers a commercial grade rotary pump, separate boiler and pump pressure gauges, a cool touch technology (anti-burn) stainless steel steam wand, separate hot water tap, a large stainless steel drip tray and a large cup warmer.
The R58 runs from its internal reservoir by default, but comes with a full kit to connect to main water supply if preferred. It features microprocessor controlled, automatic level controls on the boiler and fresh water reservoir. This means water is automatically drawn from the reservoir into the boiler, plus it protects the boiler from burn out should the supply of water run out. Additionally, it comes with a number of accessories (see technical info below).
The R58 may be classed as a domestic machine, but it is considerably powerful, capable of producing excellent espresso and perfect micro-foam for flat whites, lattes and cappuccinos at a level that is normally only seen in commercial equipment.
NOTE: These machines are not for commercial use. If you need a machine for a cafe, bar or restaurant, this is not suitable. You should look at the Boxer range.
The Rocket R58 DB (Dual Boiler) 2017 comes with a standard 1 year back to base warranty (domestic use only) with Machina. See our terms and conditions for further information
For more information on specification and features, please contact us
- Brew Group: Commercial 58mm bronze E61 brew group (weighing 4.05kg).
- Portafilter: Industry standard, commercial grade 58mm portafilter.
- Pre-Infusion: Dual pre-infusion delivered via the thermo siphon E61 group.
- Steam Wand: Cool to touch (anti-burn) stainless steel wand.
- Hot Water Tap: Separate hot water tap.
- Gauges: Pump and boiler pressure gauges.
- Boilers: Separate 0.58L brew and 1.8L service insulated boilers made of pure copper (with lead free brass end plates).
- Pump: Commercial grade rotary pump.
- PID: Externally attached PID providing control over both the brew and steam temperatures.
- Water connections: 2.5l removable internal water reservoir or alternatively direct water connection (plumbed) with full drip tray drainage system.
- Construction: Heavy gauge mirror stainless steel.
- Cup tray: Large cup tray with stainless surround.
- Drip Tray: Stainless steel drip tray.
- Power: Standard UK 13amp plug (1400w / 220v).
- Weight: 29kg.
- Dimensions: 310mm Width x 440mm Depth x 385mm Height.
- Accessories included: Single & dual portafilters, single, double & blank baskets, high quality Rocket metal tamper, micro fibre cloth, group cleaning brush and training / manual CD.
Further features which make this machine ideal for home use, include:
- Dual pre-infusion (pre-wetting of the ‘puck’ at a lower pressure to allow to grinds to expand – enabling a more evenly pulled shot of espresso)
- Runs from an internal reservoir by default, but comes with a full connection kit to connect to main water supply if preferred
- Microprocessor controlled auto cut off function, protects the boiler from burn out if the supply of water runs out
- Auto boiler refill function, drawing water from either the mains or reservoir when required
- Internal reservoir is easily accessed for refilling, just under the removable cup tray
- Commercial grade rotary pump
- Separate pump and boiler pressure gauges
- Cool touch technology (anti-burn) stainless steel steam wand
- Separate hot water tap
- Large cup tray / warmer
- Reviews content in here