Rocket: Appartamento - HX (Copper)
The Appartamento V1 HX (Heat Exchanger) is Rocket’s new compact domestic machine, aimed at home users that want artisan quality coffee but don't have a huge amount of space.
Handmade in Milan, these E61 manual lever machines combine stylish minimalist design and great temperature stability for perfect espresso.
It's been produced with a few key points in mind:
- It's compact.
- It's been produced with fewer materials, making it Rocket’s greenest machine.
- Despite it's lower price tag, there’s no compromise in quality.
- Great new cutaway design feature with a choice of copper or white side panels. (This is the copper version, see the white version here.)
The Appartamento V1 contains an advanced heat exchanger design, featuring an optimised ‘boiler capacity to thermo siphon system ratio’. This technology results in a fast heat up time and stable, separate temperatures for both brew and steam, allowing you to brew espresso and steam milk simultaneously.
It runs from an internal reservoir only, (no mains water connection). The boiler and fresh water reservoir have microprocessor controlled, automatic level controls. This means water is automatically drawn from the reservoir into the boiler, plus it protects the boiler from burn out should the supply of water run out. The reservoir is easily accessed for refilling, just under the removable cup tray.
The Appartamento also comes with a number of accessories - see the technical info below for a full list.
NOTE: These machines are not for commercial use. If you need a machine for a cafe, bar or restaurant, this is not suitable. You should look at the Boxer range.
For more information on specification and features, please contact us.
The Rocket Appartamento V1 HX comes with a standard 1 year back to base warranty (domestic use only) with Machina. See our terms and conditions for further information.
- Brew Group: Commercial 58mm bronze E61 brew group (weighing 4.05kg)
- Portafilter: Industry standard, commercial grade 58mm portafilter
- Steam Wand: Cool to touch (anti-burn) stainless steel wand
- Hot Water Tap: Separate hot water tap
- Gauges: Boiler pressure gauge
- Boilers: 1.8l insulated pure (Cu 99.9%) copper boiler (with brass end plates)
- Pump: High-grade vibration pump
- Internal water reservoir: 2.5l removable internal water reservoir
- Construction: Heavy gauge mirror stainless steel
- Cup tray: Large cup tray with minimal surround
- Drip Tray: Large stainless steel drip tray
- Power: Standard UK 13amp plug (1200w / 220v)
- Weight: 23kg
- Dimensions: 274mm Width x 425mm Depth x 360mm Height
- Accessories Included: Single & dual portafilters, single, double & blank baskets, high quality Rocket metal tamper, microfiber cloth, group cleaning brush and training / manual CD
Further features which make this machine ideal for home use, include:
- Dual pre-infusion (pre-wetting of the ‘puck’ at a lower pressure to allow to grinds to expand – enabling a more evenly pulled shot of espresso)
- 1.8l copper boiler which is nickel plated for protection against oxidation
- Thermo siphon system which provides exceptional brewing temperature stability
- Microprocessor controlled auto cut off function, protects the boiler from burn out if the supply of water runs out
- Auto boiler refill function, drawing water from either the mains or reservoir when required
- Internal reservoir is easily accessed for refilling, just under the removable cup tray
- Separate pump and boiler pressure gauges
- Cool touch technology (anti-burn) stainless steel steam wand
- Separate hot water tap
- Large cup tray / warmer
- No reviews as yet